Yes our safety net will help all Singaporeans including the middle class. Existing PAP policies are targeted at the poor with means testing, leaving many middle class families in the lurch and stressed as they cope with rising cost of living from child rearing, education, healthcare to public transport. Our safety net is for ALL.
These proposals below underscore our belief to build a fair society with strong families and esteemed people. Do you agree with our initiatives in response to your fourth question?
4. What are the elements of your proposed strong social safety net?
1. A heavily subsidised universal and comprehensive healthcare insurance;
2. Unemployment benefits/insurance;
3. Old-age pension in addition to CPF;
4. Gradual removal of GST;
5. Significant transport fare concessions;
6. Free education from primary school to university;
7. Monthly cash allowances for children up to age 6 in addition to existing baby bonus and other benefits to promote births.